Bellaire, Mich. – With the cooler temperatures and flurries in the forecast, it’s the perfect time to share the improvements and changes in store this winter at Northern Michigan’s Shanty Creek Resort. Boasting incredible terrain on two distinct mountains, friendly guest service, and everyday low rates Shanty Creek Resort offers the opportunity for a spectacular winter getaway, and to continuously offer the best experience possible to the guests and visitors, Shanty Creek Resort is excited to announce the following improvements for the upcoming Winter 2018/2019 season.
- New Rental Equipment from Rossignol – A big change for the 2018/2019 season will be 100% new rental equipment from Rossignol including skis, ski boots, snowboards, snowboard boots. Rossignol’s lineup provides the latest design technology to create buttery smooth turns and carving.
- Expanded Nordic Trails – Across our three-village groomed trail system, our crew have excavated extensively to widen our trails to nearly 20ft to allow for side-by-side track-set trails plus plenty of space for groomed skate skiing too.
- New Nordic Trails Groomer – To make the expanded trails project a reality, a Prinoth Bombadier MP will create the wider, double track-set trails in 2018/2019 and beyond.
- New Nordic Center at Schuss Village – For guests wanting Nordic ski and snowshoe adventures, the Nordic Center will now be located in Schuss Village where the Schuss Mountain golf course Pro Shop is located during the non-ski season. This location provides out-the-door access to easier, flatter trails, while still able to connect to the more challenging trails leading to our Cedar River and Summit villages.
- Expanded Glades on Schuss Mountain – Related to our excavation project for Nordic trails, our crew has expanded and improved the glades section of Schuss Mountain.
- New All-Terrain Groomer – A new Prinoth Bison X has been added to the fleet that grooms the slopes and leaves trails of corduroy on Schuss and Summit Mountains.
To ensure the Shanty Creek snowmaking crew will continue to make snow efficiently, and faster in order to open terrain as early as possible in the early days of the season, a new cold water source, pumps, and other infrastructure were installed.
In addition to the improvements outlined above, Shanty Creek now offers guests the chance to get on the snow a little faster. Guests can now purchase lift tickets from self-serving ‘vending machines’ at Ivan’s and The Lodge at Cedar River.
Conveniently located in Bellaire, just northeast of Traverse City, Shanty Creek Resorts offers a variety of winter experiences for the entire family. The three distinct villages within the resort – Summit, Schuss, and Cedar River – offer everything from downhill to cross-country skiing, terrain parks and tubing to please every skill level and thrill seeker.
For additional information on Shanty Creek Resorts, lodging specials and events, and to make a reservation, visit shantycreek.com.