- This event has passed.
Kids Kayaking Class July 22nd
July 22 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm$30
Our kids’ class is a great way to introduce your child to the sport of kayaking. Designed with fun and water safety as primary goals, we teach students through a variety of games and exploration. Our experienced, certified instructors teach basic skills with a goal to empower kids to be comfortable while out on the water. Classes are taught in traditional youth sized sea kayaks.
All classes are taught by ACA (American Canoe Association) certified instructors.
Maximum student: teacher ratio is 4:1
$30/person for two hours
There must be at least 2 students registered at least 10 days in advance to run the class. Class includes instruction and all necessary equipment. Limited partial scholarships are available, please contact us prior to registration for more information. If unable to attend, we can transfer your registration to another class. Refunds are only available if class is cancelled. If you are unable to attend, please contact us prior to your class about transferring your registration to another class. Participant’s parent/adult is welcome to participate/assist with onshore activities.
– Kids will always be wearing life jackets while on the water.
– Kids must be comfortable in the water with a life jacket on.
– Parent/guardian must complete a waiver. Please bring a completed copy of the waiver. It may be downloaded at (link)
– Participants must meet the ACA eligibility requirements (Link)
What to Bring
– Clothes/rash guard that can get wet – polypropylene, polyester, coolmax, etc…. anything but cotton!
– Fleece and raincoat (if it is cool)
– Water shoes, preferred over sandals. Must stay on feet, no flip flops.
– Dry clothes to change into
– Water bottle
Paddle Antrim is taking precautions to reduce the transmission of COVID-19 and will follow all CDC/State/local guidelines. Individuals shall not attend if: they have been in contact with a person who had COVID-19, have a fever over 100 or has felt unwell in the last two days (fever/chills, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, aches, headache, new loss of taste/smell, sore throat, congestion, runny nose, nausea/vomiting/diarrhea).