Kayaking Essentials Class – June 10 | 2:30 – 5:30 PM
June 10 @ 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm$45
Class will be held at River Park (6625 Bridge St, Ellsworth, MI)
This class teaches paddlers the basics for paddling all types of kayaks in a fun and safe way. You’ll learn about what kayaks work best for what conditions and other paddling best practices. Learn how to make the kayak go where you want it to go and basic safety skills needed on the water. You will have the opportunity to learn what to do when (not if) you end in the water, out of your boat. This class is great for beginners but anyone who has never received formal instruction will benefit.
- Kayak (whatever you use is ok)
- Vest-style PFD (life jacket – inherently bouyant, no inflatables)
- Clothes/rash guard that can get wet – polypropylene, polyester, coolmax, etc…. anything but cotton!
- Fleece and raincoat (if cool weather)
- Water shoes preferred over sandals. Must stay on feet, no flip flops.
- Dry clothes to change into
- Water bottle
If you do not have a kayak, please contact us prior to registration and our instructors may be able to accommodate. Life jackets must be worn at all times when out on the water.
All classes are taught by ACA (American Canoe Association) certified instructors.
Maximum student: teacher ratio is 5:1
Ages: 14 and up
- Participants must wear life jackets while on the water.
- Waivers are required. View and sign the waiver digitally here.
- Participants must meet the ACA eligibility requirements here.
If you are unable to attend, we can transfer your registration to another class. Refunds are only available if class is cancelled. If you are unable to attend, please contact us prior to your class about transferring your registration to another class.