Paddlesports Safety Facilitator Training – June 12 | 12:00 – 4:00 PM
June 12 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm$45
Class will be held at River Park (6625 Bridge St, Ellsworth, MI)
Paddlesports Safety Facilitator (PSF) certification program teaches basic safety and paddling knowledge, as well as simple rescue skills. The training for this certification includes general on water safety and kayaking. With this training, participants will be able to introduce paddlecraft safety and knowledge beginning paddlers in a land-based setting. This is great training for livery staff, parks staff, individuals helping get people out on the water or anyone who is interested in on-water safety and best practices for enjoyable paddling. To receive the certification, the participant must be an American Canoe Association member. You can also participate in the class and not receive the certification.
- Kayak (whatever you use is ok)
- Vest-style PFD (life jacket – inherently buoyant, no inflatables)
- Clothes/rash guard that can get wet – polypropylene, polyester, coolmax, etc…. anything but cotton!
- Fleece and raincoat (if cool weather)
- Water shoes preferred over sandals. Must stay on feet, no flip flops.
- Dry clothes to change into
- Water bottle
If you do not have a kayak, please contact us prior to registration and our instructors may be able to accommodate. Life jackets must be worn at all times when out on the water.
All classes are taught by ACA (American Canoe Association) certified instructors.
Maximum student: teacher ratio is 5:1
Ages: 14 and up
– Participants must wear life jackets while on the water.
– Waivers are required. View and sign the waiver digitally here.
– Participants must meet the ACA eligibility requirements here.
If you are unable to attend, we can transfer your registration to another class. Refunds are only available if class is cancelled. If you are unable to attend, please contact us prior to your class about transferring your registration to another class.