The Health Department of Northwest Michigan issues a number of business-oriented permits and licenses. (Click here for a Fee Schedule.) They also performs many types of inspections. A few of these services are listed below:

  • Temporary Food Licenses
  • Annual Food Licenses
  • Adult & Childcare Facility Inspections
  • Public Swimming Pool Inspections
  • Body Inspections and Plan Reviews

The County Clerk’s Office can provide a Doing Business As (DBA) form, and also forms for the dissolution of a DBA.

Builders licenses are issued by the State of Michigan’s Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA).

If you’re unsure if a particular business needs a license or permit, use this Search for Michigan Licenses and Permits provided by the State of Michigan.

Also, the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) can provide guidance and assistance to businesses.